Mini Split Ductless Systems — The Cost-Effective, Whisper-Quiet Way To Heat & Cool Your Historic Orleans Home
Here on the Cape, we have some pretty beautiful historic homes. But if there’s one thing that’s not so great about historic homes, it’s that they don’t have the modern comfort of an HVAC system. In other words, life in a historic home is not always comfortable when the temps drop below freezing or spike in the summer.
But what are the options for keeping your beautiful historic home comfortable for you and your family and pets?
- You could invest in those ugly window units that leave condensation all over the place, ruin your view, and ruin the curb appeal of your home. And you can never keep all of the bugs from getting inside no matter how well you seal the windows with this option.
- You could invest a ton of money into a central AC/heat system, which can cost a fortune in labor alone and installing all that duct work will make a mess of your beautiful home
- You could pile on every sweater your Aunt Zelda made you during the winter months or wear a bathing suit all summer, indoors and out
- Or, you could opt for a mini split ductless system from Panasonic
What Exactly Is A Ductless System?
A ductless system is an AC/heating system that features an outdoor condenser unit and one or more indoor units. These units are connected using refrigerant pipes, which makes installation easy and fast. In fact, all that’s needed is one very small penetration in an exterior wall — this is used to connect the refrigerant lines with the condenser.
Here are a few things that make Panasonic’s mini split ductless systems so great:
- They’re quiet. Fans, window units, and other AC solutions can be loud, but not the Panasonic ductless system. The compressor is insulated so you don’t have to worry about talking over the unit when it’s running. These units are super quiet – finally, you can keep your guests comfortable and still enjoy the chit chat!
- They provide consistent, controllable temperature. Unlike central AC units, a mini split ductless system from Panasonic allows you to control the temperature from room to room. That means if you don’t use a room often, you don’t have to pay to keep it at the same temperature as your most commonly used rooms. Use every room in your home daily? Keeping the temperature consistent from room to room is no problem with a ductless system. The system can be remote controlled, and the ECONAVI technology automatically adjusts temps to room conditions (using motion sensors to detect human presence) to ensure a more comfortable space no matter who’s home.
- They = money-savings. These mini split ductless systems cost a fraction of the price of a central AC/heat system, and you’ll save money on installation labor alone. Plus, by only heating or cooling rooms that you use, you can save even more money on utilities.
- They provide instant comfort. Central AC/heat systems have a time-lag, so when you adjust the thermostat, it takes a while for the AC/heat to shut off or turn on. With a ductless system, just power it up or shut it off with a remote for instant comfort.
- They’re rugged & weather-resistant. Rust can be a real problem on the Cape, considering the salt air and the rain and snow we get here. But Panasonic ductless systems are built to last. Panasonic uses Blue Fin Condenser, Blue Fin anti-rust coating is applied to each fin in 3 layers. This special coating prevents rust from salt air and moisture from rain and melting snow and ensures longer life of the heat exchanger. Panasonic tests have shown Blue Fin condensers to last 3X longer. These ductless systems can even be used to heat and cool your barns or workspaces, so you can keep perfecting your craft all year long.
- The wall-mount air conditioners and heat pumps are sleek and attractive. No more ugly window units hanging out of your home. These wall-mount units are discreet and attractive.
Ready To Boost The Comfort Level Of Your Historic Property? Call Soby One Home Services
As a Panasonic Gold dealer, we can offer you a 10-year warranty on the head and condenser, which is something that other installers are unable to do. So if you’re ready to up the comfort in your older home, call Soby One Home Services at 833-762-9663 or reach out to us here on our website. We’ll take excellent care of you and your property and make sure this summer and this winter are the best yet.
From Barnstable to Truro and everywhere in between, we’re the electricians to call!
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE
- MA Master Electricians Lic# A20378
- MA Journeyman Electricians Lic# B10097
- EPA UNIVERSAL Refrigerant Certification# 1016561776310
- Panasonic Gold Level HVAC Specialists
- Nest Pro Installers
We Accept Credit Cards